The Directorate General of Shipping deals with implementation of shipping policy and legislation. Its objectives are as follows:
1) Matters affecting merchant shipping & navigation.
2) Measures to ensure safety of life and ships at sea.
3) Development of Indian shipping.
4) International convections relating to maritime matters.
5) Provision of facilities for training of officers & rating of Merchant Navy.
6) Development of Sailing Vessels Industry.
7) Regulation of Ocean freight rates in overseas trade.
May 29, 2020WAIPA COVID-19 Interviews | Deepak Bagla, MD & CEO, Invest India and VP of WAIPA
May 28, 2020CIM Sh. Piyush Goyal spoke about ‘PM Narendra Modi ji Stands for Domestic Industry’
May 28, 2020CIM Sh. Piyush Goyal spoke about FM's announcement on reform measures under Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan and Railways running Shramik Special trains
May 27, 2020Hon'ble Minister of Commerce & Industry Sh Piyush Goyal at the India-US Forum: Partners for Growth in New Delhi
Feb 17, 2018Sagarmala Video, Ministry of Shipping
Jun 04, 2017Sagar Mala Project - Modernising Indian Ports
Sep 23, 2016SAGARMALA- Promoting Port-led- prosperity
Apr 14, 2016PM Modi at the inauguration of Maritime India Summit 2016 in Mumbai
Jan 28, 2013Port-led development in Gujarat