Western Europe Sessions and Roundtables
1. 8th Session of the Greece-India Joint Economic Committee (JCEC) and Signing of MoU between Invest India and Enterprise Greece
In Athens, the 8th Session of the Greece-India Joint Economic Committee (JCEC) took place. The session included signing a Protocol by the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs for Economic Diplomacy and Openness, Kostas Fragogiannis, and the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry of India, Anupriya Patel. Additionally, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Invest India and Enterprise Greece. The two Deputy Ministers discussed the strong bilateral relations, noting the prospects for further strengthening and expanding economic ties in trade and investment, energy and renewable sources, transport and tourism. The Committee also examined possibilities of enhancing trade in goods.
2. Visit of Mika Lintilä, Minister of Economic Affairs for Finland, Ritva Koukku-Ronde, Ambassador of Finland to India, and other Dignitaries
Invest India welcomed Mika Lintilä, Minister of Economic Affairs for Finland, Ritva Koukku- Ronde, Ambassador of Finland to India, and other dignitaries to our offices at Vigyan Bhawan. Discussions focused on the scale and pace of India’s transformational growth and Finland’s expertise in green energy and technology. The dignitaries and Invest India representatives outlined key synergies and opportunities for collaboration between India and Finland and identified the next steps to build on the existing engagements.
3. Ease of Doing Business Roundtable with Danish Companies
In collaboration with the Royal Danish Embassy, Invest India organised the second Indo-Danish Ease of Doing Business Roundtable under the Chairpersonship of Rajendra Ratnoo to resolve issues faced by Danish companies in India. Representatives from 10+ companies, including Maersk, Novo Nordisk, Grundfos, and LEGO, attended the roundtable alongside Invest India and the Royal Danish Embassy.
4. Europe-India Business Leaders’ Roundtable
In collaboration with Business Europe and the European Business and Technology Centre, Invest India organised a virtual Europe-India Business Leaders’ Roundtable. The objective of the roundtable was to enhance the collaboration between Europe and India that the EU-India Connectivity Partnership bolstered and announced in 2021. The theme for the session was “Global Supply Chains – the shift in their designs and the impact on the Europe-India Business Corridor”. It provided a platform for select business leaders from both regions to share their perspectives on bilateral investment opportunities, insights on sectoral experiences, and discuss global challenges in the bilateral cooperation between India and Europe.
5. India-Denmark Business Forum
The Indo-Denmark Business Forum was held in Copenhagen under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi (India) and Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen (Denmark). This included a forum attended by heads of prominent Indian and Danish companies that engaged with the two leaders on opportunities to strengthen commercial ties between the two countries. MoUs were signed between counterparts in India and Denmark to cooperate and collaborate in green technology, innovation, digitisation, energy independence and renewable energy, water, environment, agriculture and infrastructure, transportation, and services. These agreements include the following:
- Declaration of Intent (DoI) on migration and mobility
- Letter of Intent (LoI) on Centre of Excellence in green shipping.
- Cultural Exchange Programme (CEP) between the Ministry of Culture, GoI, and Ministry of Culture of Denmark for 2022-2026.
- Letter of Intent (LoI) between the Ministry of Jal Shakti and the Ministry of Environment of Denmark
- MoU on cooperation in skill development, vocational education, and entrepreneurship.
- Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) on cooperation in animal husbandry and dairying.
- Launch of energy policy dialogue at ministerial level.
- India to join the International Centre for Anti-Microbial Resistance Solution (ICARS) as a mission partner.
- Letter of Intent (LoI) between Invest India and Technical University of Denmark to facilitate start-up collaboration.
6. LoI Signing with Skylab
A Letter of Intent (LoI) was signed between Invest India and the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) to facilitate start-up ecosystems and respective stakeholders in India and Denmark. DTU is a leading public university in Denmark in the technical and natural sciences, renowned for its business-oriented approach and focuses on sustainability and environmental studies.
The LoI aims to help Indian and Danish start-ups get exposure to global markets for a deeper understanding of the market. This collaboration will enable start-ups, investors, incubators, corporates and aspiring entrepreneurs of both countries to connect and provides them with resources to expand and become globalized start-ups.
7. Indo Nordic Summit
The 2nd Indo-Nordic Summit was held in Copenhagen, Denmark, where the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, met with the heads of state of the Nordic countries – Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, and Iceland. The summit had a range of programmes covering different spheres ranging from diplomatic meetings boosting cultural and commercial linkages and engagement with the Indian community.
8. India-Italy Business Roundtable
Invest India organised a closed-door India-Italy Business Roundtable in New Delhi. The roundtable was held under the co-chairmanship of Minister of Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal and Luigi Di Maio, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Italy. The session took forward the commitment reached by both the Prime Ministers of India and Italy during their bilateral meeting on the sidelines of the G20 Summit in October 2021. They discussed further expanding trade and investment linkages between the two countries in key sectors of mutual interest. A select group delivered short presentations of participating Indian and Italian companies.
9. Session for European Companies with JS Customs Gaurav Masaldan and JS DPIIT Rajendra Ratnoo
Invest India organised a session for European companies with Gaurav Masaldan, Joint Secretary (JS) (Customs), Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) and Rajendra Ratnoo, Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). The roundtable discussed matters/issues about the Customs Department in India in a hybrid format at the Invest India office.
10. Interaction with Business Community in Switzerland: Momentum in India, Swiss SME Program (MISSP)
The Embassy of India, Berne, organised a business event with Swiss small and mid-size enterprises (SMEs). Ravneet Mann, Vice President, Invest India, participated in the event and explained the investment environment, market entry strategies and investment opportunities available in the Indian market.