Project Monitoring Group (PMG) has been regularly conducting review meetings to get definite timelines for resolving issues about mega infrastructure projects, which are pending with different state governments and central ministries. These review meetings are attended by central ministry officials, senior officials from the concerned state government, district collectors and project proponents. Open issues in projects spanning major sectors, including railways, roads and highways, oil and gas, coal, mines, metro, power, renewable energy, and cement, are discussed at length in these meetings. PMG conducted two state review meetings and three sub-group review meetings.
- Kerala, Goa, Puducherry review meeting was chaired by the Director, Department for Promotion of Industry, and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Government of India. This review reviewed 12 projects of the states of Kerala, Goa, and Union Territory (UT) of Puducherry (with 19 issues) worth INR 41,875.43 Cr to ensure project progress, removal of infrastructure bottlenecks and better stakeholder coordination. As a result, 04 issues across 04 projects were resolved.
- Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) review meetings were chaired by the Joint Secretary, DPIIT, Government of India. This meeting discussed 19 issues in 12 projects worth INR 84,262.59 Cr.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and Ministry of Steel Review Meeting was chaired by the Joint Secretary, DPIIT, Government of India. This meeting discussed 19 issues in 12 projects worth INR 1,09,261 Cr.
- Ministry of Coal, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways, Ministry of Culture, and Ministry of Heavy Industries Review were chaired by Joint Secretary, DPIIT. This meeting discussed 30 issues in 23 projects worth INR 1,59,711 Cr.
- Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Law and Justice, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Ministry of External Affairs, and Department of Telecommunications Review was chaired by Joint Secretary, DPIIT. In this meeting, 29 projects worth INR 1,18,151.58 Cr were reviewed.
Project Review by Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat:
PMG has been facilitating review meetings under the chairpersonship of the Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat, to review the overall progress of critical high-value projects facing long pending issues with the state governments. During these meetings, the focus has been on reviewing the milestone information, specifically about construction and commissioning milestones, to identify causes of implementation delays and issues hindering project progress. After that, stringent timelines are set for the resolution of issues so that the implementation can be expedited, and the project can be commissioned as per its scheduled timeline.
- Odisha review: 11 projects with 37 issues worth INR 41,406 Cr were discussed in this review.
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways review: In this review, 14 projects worth INR 31,778 Cr were reviewed to ensure the removal of any infrastructural bottlenecks and timely completion of projects.
- Rajasthan review: In this review, 06 projects with 29 issues worth INR 1,05,122.97 Cr were reviewed to ensure project progress, removal of infrastructure bottlenecks and better stakeholder coordination.
- Madhya Pradesh review: In this review, 06 projects with 26 issues were reviewed to ensure project progress, removal of infrastructure bottlenecks and better stakeholder coordination.
- Ministry of Power and Ministry Petroleum and Natural Gas review: In this review, 09 projects having a due completion date of 31-03-2023 were reviewed to ensure the removal of any infrastructural bottlenecks and timely completion of projects.
Project Managing Group Site Visits
- Haryana visit: The PMG team conducted a site visit for three major infrastructure projects in Haryana. These included the Integrated Multi-Modal Logistics Hub (SPV) at Nangal Chaudhary and associated rail-road feeder routes, dedicated freight corridor Rewari-Madar section, and Trans Haryana Expressway NH152D. The visit involved the evaluation of project progress on the ground and impediments being faced in project execution to facilitate inter and intra-departmental challenges in developing multi-modal infrastructure in southern Haryana. The visit was facilitated by State Public Works Department officials, along with officers from Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India (DFCCIL), National Industrial Corridor Development Corporation's (NICDC) project Special Purpose Vehicle, Haryana Multi Modal Logistic Hub Project Limited and National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
- Uttar Pradesh visit: PMG team accompanied officials from the Prime Minister's Office on a visit to Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. The visit was undertaken to review the progress of major projects in and around Varanasi, including several road projects, tourism projects, and projects being implemented by the Varanasi Development Authority.