Back to Growth: Union Budget 2021-22 announcement - Women, Child & Social Welfare
- The budget for National Nutrition Mission has been increased from INR 3,400 crore in 2019-20 to INR 3,700 crore in 2020-21.
- Supplementary Nutrition Program and Poshan Abhiyan to be merged.
- Launching of Mission Poshan 2.0.
- Ujjwala scheme expanded to add 1 crore more beneficiaries.
- More than 15,000 schools to be strengthened under National Education Policy (NEP).
- 100 new Sainik Schools to be set up in partnership with Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), private schools and states.
- Introduction of the legislation to implement the setting-up of Higher Education Commission of India.
- An 'umbrella' structure will be created for central higher education institutions in various cities such as Hyderabad.
- Women to be allowed to work across categories, and in all shifts, with proper safeguards.
- New central university in Leh.
- Special scheme for welfare of women and children in Assam and West Bengal; outlay of INR 1,000 crore for Bengal and Assam tea workers.
- Proposal to introduce the National Nursing and Midwifery Commission Bill.
#AatmanirbharBharatKaBudget #BacktoGrowth #UnionBudget2021