Among the challenges societies face pertaining to sustainable development and the environment, restoration and reforestation of land remain among the most demanding. These impact various aspects of the environment including soil erosion, pollution levels, and resource availability. While restoring the natural ecosystem of prior deforested land is an attractive prospect for sustainability, in practice a considerable degree of finesse is required to ensure that the restoration process is able to create a sustainable ecosystem.
To further this objective, AGNIi and Startup India partnered with World Resources Institute India (WRI India) as well as AIC Sangam to launch the second cohort of the Land Accelerator for South Asia. This program provided cash grants and other support to the top 60 innovators shortlisted. Specifically, they were eligible for:
- 3 months of weekly, exclusive, live weekly training
- Templates to help your business thrive
- Weekly group office hours to discuss how to apply the new concepts to your business
- Weekly networking sessions to connect with and learn from other land restoration entrepreneurs in the accelerator
- Opportunity to apply for one of 15 Land Accelerator Investment Packs
These Land Accelerator Investment Packs were granted to the top 15 innovators in the cohort and included support such as:
- A 3,000 EURO Innovation Grant
- An investment coaching meeting with a Land Accelerator organizer to develop an investment and innovation grant plan
- A 90-minute group mentorship session with members of the Land Accelerator mentor network
- An opportunity to present a 3-minute business pitch at the Land Accelerator Demo Day, an event that brings together the 15 grant recipients and business and social investors from across South Asia
AGNIi remains committed to furthering innovations for sustainability and granting the best of India’s innovators the opportunity to obtain the support they need to truly make an impact in meeting the country’s reforestation goals.