About the Department
Invest India is seeking an Associate/ Assistant Manager/ Manager to join the Technology Development Fund Desk to support engagement with the Directorate of Technology Development Fund (DTDF), Defence Research & Development Organisation. This position is based out of New Delhi, India. The Associate/ Assistant Manager will play an instrumental role in the growth of a strategic Initiative of the Government of India.
Technology Development Fund (TDF) has been established to promote self-reliance in Defence Technology as a part of the 'Make in India' initiative. It is a programme of the Ministry of Defence, executed by DRDO to meet the requirements of Tri-Services, Defence Production and DRDO. The scheme encourages participation of public/private industries especially MSMEs and startups to create an eco-system for enhancing cutting edge technology capability for defence application.
Invest India, the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, constituted under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, shall be the executing arm of TDF Scheme, under the leadership of the Directorate of Technology Development Fund, DRDO.
- Coordination with Directorate of TDF, DRDO, armed forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, IDS), and other Ministry of Defence entities for successful execution of the TDF Scheme
- Project Management support to TDF Desk/ DTDF including creation and updation of documentation, trackers for projects across scheme lifecycle
- Drafting concise technology feasibility reports to support technology strategy and decision-making at high levels of government
- Solicitation of inputs from industry, defense experts, academia and other stakeholders to support operations of the TDF Desk
- Secondary technological and market research to prepare technology briefs, advisory notes and provide actionable recommendations
- Prepare and maintain support material such as mailing lists, technology presentations, and templates (proposals, agreements, etc)
- Manage internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and between 2 to 8 years of professional experience (for different job levels)
- Prior experience in engineering, consulting, venture capital, or banking will be a plus; experience in the Indian military will be a particular plus
- Analytical mindset with the ability to synthesise technical and operational information into concise decision-support briefs
- Excellent drafting skills; the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and simply, in writing and verbally, to technology and funding decision-makers at senior tiers of government
- Proficient in MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to travel