About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNii, and PMG.
The AGNIi Mission is a flagship initiative under the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to the PM and Government of India. It is one of nine technology Missions under the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC). The Mission catalyzes the commercialization of Indian emerging technologies. AGNIi focuses on helping to capture the value of Indian technology: assisting Indian innovation engage key national priorities designated by the Office of PSA, in domains ranging from human development through ecological sustainability to public safety
In this role, you will be evaluating Indian emerging disruptive technologies using situational analyses for implementing transformative solutions. You will engage in careful analysis, design, and implementation of performance-improving approaches while developing tailor-made solutions to support AGNIi’s Group – Climate Change and Energy.
Your work will include gathering and analysing information, formulating, and testing hypotheses, developing recommendations, and executing projects. It will require you to interact with the highest level of government officials and industry giants to execute the most strategic and transformational national level projects thereby providing you the opportunity to create real, tangible, and sustainable impact with path-breaking outcomes. You will work towards India’s COP-26 commitments, solving some of the compelling problems in climate change and energy, in a fast-paced environment.
All your work will be project-based and varied. At AGNIi, we advance our stakeholder engagement by offering expertise in the areas relating to: Insertion of emerging technologies, operational transformation and performance improvement, risk and resource reallocation, organizational design, and capacity building. The ideal candidate will:
- Surface priorities and pain-points via stakeholder consultations, field visits and conduct discussions across stakeholders’ strategic, operational, and tactical tiers
- Build and develop interactions with government ministries, corporates, R&D Labs, and start-up ecosystem in the realm of Climate change and energy
- Analyse functional specifications related to specific technology use-cases and assemble detailed technology stacks
- Prepare comprehensive reports/pitch decks on technology feasibility, innovation briefs and case updates
- Assess the environmental, social, and economic impact of technological interventions
- Demonstrate the working of technological innovations on field
- Organise and participate in consultations/workshops/webinars for shaping consensus and cross-pollination of ideas
- Build performance improvement approaches, cost reduction strategies, technology led transformation frameworks along with new concepts for stakeholders
- Work closely with stakeholders in the climate change and energy space to identify opportunities, design, and deploy solutions in core operational areas of their businesses
- The role may require travel (short trips) to assist various stakeholders across the country
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Economics, Business, Law or Public Polic
- 3+ years’ experience in Industry or Consulting, with at least 2 years’ experience in analysis or application of clean technology solutions
- Good understanding of emerging technologies and technology policy, especially in the climate change and energy domain
- Excellent research, communications, problem solving and analytical skills. The ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Commitment to high ethical standards and core values