About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India, set up as a non-profit venture under the aegis of the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It facilitates and empowers all investors under the ‘Make in India’ initiative to establish, operate, and expand their businesses in India.
We are seeking candidates for Startup India, a flagship initiative of the Government of India intended to catalyze startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with a national platform in a startup-like setup. We are a young organization looking for candidates that are passionate about India.
The Candidate is expected to:
- Handhold startups and Government departments in entrepreneurial subjects to create a conducive startup ecosystem
- Resolve queries and grievances in stipulated time
- Run several programs to promote entrepreneurship in various locations and communities
- Provide support to DPIIT officials for formulating policies, schemes, measures etc. on
- Address ad hoc requests from DPIIT such as preparation of reports, briefs, etc.
- Bachelor's or master's degree (Public Policy or Development Studies/Economics or Management Sciences or a related field will be preferred)
- 2-7 years of work experience (Consulting Firm/International Institutions like World Bank, UNDP etc. will be preferred)
- Excellent Research, Communications, and Analytical Skills
- Experience in Policy facilitation, Project Management with the State Govt. or Govt. of India is a plus
- Previous experience of founding or working at a Startup is a plus
The role requires regular travel (short trips) to assist various stakeholders.