About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNii, and PMG.
We are looking to hire an Associate/Assistant Manager/Senior Manager who will be supporting the Pharmaceuticals PMU - G20 Desk. The contractual period for this role is one year.
Invest India has set up a dedicated Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) with the Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP), Ministry Of Chemicals and Fertilizers, and Government of India to execute India’s G20 Presidency Strategy focused on the Pharmaceutical segment in the Healthcare ecosystem. S/he will be closely working with stakeholders in the Department of Pharmaceutical (DoP) and other concerned ministries/departments, industry associations, private companies, etc. for organizing stakeholder consultations, policy advocacy, in-depth research and analysis of issues, etc. S/he will report to the AVP of the Pharmaceutical Sector.
- Support engagement with multiple stakeholders including Ministries/Departments, State Governments, Quasi-Government Agencies, Industry Associations, PSUs, and Private Promoters/Investors at both international and domestic levels for smoother execution of G20 strategy and related events
- Work in close coordination with the team lead to ensure the execution of the strategy of the division or project
- Designing and collating high-impact presentations for new and existing programs
- Support team in preparation of high-quality research, reports, DPR’s and briefing notes required for specific projects
- Create the quarterly/monthly deliverables of the PMU to the Ministry
- Post-graduate or graduate degree in Life Sciences/Pharmaceuticals or related streams from India/abroad.
- 1-6 years of work experience in a front-end role at a consulting firm / developmental agency/ investment bank/investment promotion agency / global corporate/international organisations and events working in pharmaceutical and allied sectors.
- Experience in preparing DPR’s, policy briefs, policy analysis, research reports, primary and secondary research
- Ability to work in teams and take ownership of the task at hand
- Strong commitment to accuracy and professionalism
- Excellent communication, people, and analytical skills
- Ability to work amid strict deadlines and on multiple projects
- Candidates with an experience in working with international organisations/ stakeholders will be preferred.