About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. It is a non-profit venture under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. Invest India hosts teams working with various Govt. initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
Looking for candidates with strong academic and professional background for One District One Product project at Invest India. Ideally IIT/IIM w/ 2-6y work ex and good people skills; experience w/ govt/trade bodies will be a plus.
- About ODOP: Uttar Pradesh started identifying and promoting one product for each district. A national level roll out on the same lines is underway. It could be as simple as getting a unique HS Code to solving a transport issue
- Your role: to be an interface between the Central government, State governments, industry associations, and e-commerce players.
- Understanding issues affecting artisans, farmers, producers, traders, corporates.
- Identify opportunities for value added exports.
- Identify technologies and startups that can support traditional methods of production.
- Analyse data relating to Indian and Global market.
- Suggest means to increase awareness, promote entrepreneurship and upgradation of identified businesses.
- Oversee social media presence.
- Candidate with 2-6 years of work experience in consulting, investment banking, trade bodies/associations, government interface.
- Candidates with a proven academic record at premier institutes IIT / IIM.
- Knowledge of any of handicraft, e-commerce, supply chain, agriculture will be a plus.
- Background/knowledge of local languages would help.