About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. It is a joint venture between the Department of Promotion for Internal Trade & Industry (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and State Governments. It hosts teams working with various Govt. initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
- Strategy and Research in Museum Management: Lead the strategic policy planning, administrative, financial and engagement aspects based on world-class Museums. Research best practices being employed in museum management globally and analyse current working models of museums in the world as well as India.
- Financial and Operations Management: Responsible for financial functioning of the museum, including developing and implementing a robust business model for the museum that includes both income generation and fundraising strategies to ensure financial resilience.
- Cultural Site and Museum Management Training and Development: Understanding the gap in training and learning needs of existing/new museum employees and planning the L&D calendars.
- Global experience in managing museums, sites of cultural and historical importance recommended.
- A self-motivated individual with a passion to drive and deliver highly innovative projects
- Finance background and experience is strongly required.
- Demonstrated leadership role in Museum or related field of culture management for minimum +8 years desired.
- A Master’s degree (or higher) in Accounts and Finance, Policy Studies, Museology or Museum Studies, Sociology, Business Administration and Management, International Relations.
- Able to work is teams and individually under tight deadlines and deliver within given timeframe.