About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. It is a joint venture between the Department of Promotion for Internal Trade & Industry (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and State Governments. It hosts teams working with various Govt. initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
- Promotion of Indian Art & Culture: Increasing awareness and engagement in promoting Indian art, culture and music leveraging museums, art galleries, archaeological and historical sites, touring, exhibitions, fairs, and other programs.
- Marketing, Content & Events: Build museums themes, and drive footfall plan through focused, high-quality, and strategic marketing and communications activities. Build social-media plans. Design Events and long and short-term strategic plans, annual and periodical work plans, events and activities, monitoring and reporting on their progress.
- Outreach and Partnerships: Active public outreach programs to spread awareness about museums and engagement in conservation and development of museums through like-minded public and private partners. Build a community and foster partnerships with the relevant ecosystem within the culture industry.
- Experience Management: Create a welcoming, vibrant, and sustainable venue that offers an engaging experience through day-to-day overview of the Museum and its performance. Ensure that all visitors get excellent experience, all written and verbal enquiries are dealt with appropriately, and that the museum’s facilities are maintained and presented to highest standard.
- A self-motivated individual with a passion to drive and deliver highly innovative projects
- Marketing & Management background and experience is strongly required.
- Strong skills in partnership building & stakeholder management are required
- Demonstrated leadership role in Museum or related field of culture management for minimum 5 years desired.
- Prior experience of cultural facility marketing management, international cultural tour management, travelling exhibition marketing experience desired.
- A Master’s degree (or higher) in Museology or Museum Studies, and/or History, Sociology, Business Administration and Management, International Relations, Media Studies and Communications.
- Able to work is teams and individually under tight deadlines and deliver within given timeframe.