About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. It is a joint venture between the Department of Promotion for Internal Trade & Industry (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and State Governments. It hosts teams working with various Govt. initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
Museum Collections Development and Management: Lead art advisory and museum collection development. Plan a strategy that covers research, development, documentation, conservation, storage, security, access and display of a museum to ensure that the collected artefacts, their storage, and related equipment is managed efficiently and sustainably
- Global experience in curating and managing museums, sites of cultural and historical importance.
- A self- motivated individual with a passion to drive and deliver highly innovative projects.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic decision-making and collections management.
- Experience of working closely with the government systems and establishing partnerships.
- Able to work is teams and individually under tight deadlines and deliver within given timeframe.
- A Master’s degree (or higher) in Museology or Museum Studies, Curatorial Practice or Curatorship, History, Art History, Science, Engineering with prior experience in collections development and management of collections in museums or art storage facility.
Please note that this will be a 1-year contractual role with Ministry of Culture Desk at Invest India