About the Department
Invest India, the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of Government of India, is setting up a dedicated ‘Investor Targeting and Facilitating Desk (ITFD)’ aimed at promoting and facilitating investments for the North Eastern States of the country. Invest India is currently hiring team members and a team lead for it. The ITFD will be based out of Invest India headquarters at New Delhi.
In general, the team member will be responsible for the following activities:
- Work with the Team Lead to execute the strategy and roadmap of the ITFD.
- Coordinate with and leverage Invest India's teams (within Country, Sector, State and Brand Communications divisions) to carry out mandates of the Desk.
- Build understanding of the NE state’s socio-economic, political and business landscape including state’s focus sectors, Industrial Policy, all relevant sectoral policies and schemes, industrial clusters and areas being promoted by the state, key companies, cost of doing business, administrative set up, etc.
- Develop and enhance current working relationship of Invest India to work closely with the State Administrative Leadership and relevant authorities of NE
- Be responsible for promoting the states and sectors assigned, carrying out sector wise analysis, target country analysis, etc., preparing various reports and giving presentations at various forums, outreach events
- Undertake networking and building partnerships with key stakeholders such as Industry Associations, Chambers of Commerce, Diplomatic Missions, Research centres, key Industry players, Think tanks, etc.
- Carryout research & identify potential investors across sectors and geographies to develop an investor pipeline and undertake proactive Investor Targeting & Outreach to pitch the NER and its focus sectors
- Handhold serious investors and facilitate their investment plans/projects in co-ordination with State Government stakeholders; Act as relationship managers for marquee/major investors in the region
- Coordinate with central and state Government stakeholders for resolution of concerns raised by investors
- Carryout research, collate data from stakeholders for developing content to showcase state's strengths in an attractive fashion through various marketing collaterals and mediums such as blogs, testimonials, success stories, tweets, social media posts, articles, newsletters
- Responsible for responding and following up on investor queries, disseminating information at various forums & maintaining updated information on leads and investment cases in CRM system
- Coordinate development of the NE portal website (for targeting investors) and the Single Window Clearance System, to be integrated with it, with various stakeholders including government authorities, vendors and others
- Identify important domestic & international events for State’s participation from investment perspective as well as help state Government develop an investor outreach roadshow calendar covering various target markets
- Facilitating investors for meetings and site visits on a case by case basis
- Masters/Management degree from a premier institute
- 4-5 years of experience working in a front-end role at a Investment Bank /Global Corporate/Government agency/Consulting firm
- Prior understanding about the business ecosystem and administrative set-up of the states in the region (preferred)
- Ability to work in teams and take ownership of the task at hand is paramount
- Strong business communication & etiquettes, networking skills and stakeholder management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight time frames
- Experience in managing India Market Entry Projects will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Should be willing to travel to State as well as other locations in India and abroad on need basis
- State Domicile will be preferred; knowing any NE language is beneficial
- Language proficiency: Hindi, English, local/regional (preferred)
- Some criteria may be relaxed for highly exceptional candidates