About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department of Promotion for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with the various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNii and PMG.
The candidate will be responsible for formulating and executing an investor targeting and facilitation strategy for Private Equity and Venture Capital funds. Key Result Areas will include:
- Analyze institutional investor strategy, including risk-return, sectoral focus, hold periods
- Undertake focussed targeting, engagement, and interactions with investors to showcase India investment opportunity, curate investor pitches, and address issues impacting their outlook towards India.
- Facilitate institutional investments through opportunity showcase, policy advisory, regulatory clearances, and policy advocacy.
- Support curation of investment models, with central and state governments, to monetise operational assets
- Plan and execute investor engagement activities like roundtables, roadshows, client meetings, webinars
- Prepare research material, blogs, reports, brochures, presentations, and briefing notes related to sector opportunities
- Master’s degree in business management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- 3 to 5 years of prior work experience in Corporate Finance/FP&A/Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital. Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital, and Management Consulting will be considered for candidates that demonstrate relevant skills/experience
- Self-starter with superior work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize - we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and can optimally multitask
- Standout colleague - this is a highly collaborative and encouraging team environment