About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. It is a joint venture between the Department of Promotion for Internal Trade & Industry (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and State Governments. It hosts teams working with various Govt. initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
We are seeking candidates who will be responsible for assisting the Team Lead - Agriculture and Fisheries, to execute the strategy for promoting investments in Agriculture and Fishery sectors. S/he will be closely working with stakeholders in the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare, Department of Fisheries, industry associations, private companies etc. for promotion and facilitation of investments into these sectors, policy advocacy etc. The team members report into the Team Lead of the Agriculture and Fisheries Sector.
- The roles and responsibilities of the team members would be to:
- Work in close coordination with the team lead to ensure execution of the strategy of the division or project
- Lead preparation of high-quality research, reports, DPR’s and briefing notes required for the division or project
- Organise and coordinate with stakeholders for discussions, workshops, roadshows etc.
- Lead the facilitation for investors in agriculture and fisheries sectors
- Regularly update the company database on leads and client cases
- Contribute to the delivery of client objectives
- Post-graduate or graduate degree in agriculture and related streams from a premier university in India or abroad.
- 2 - 5 years of work experience in a front-end role at a consulting firm / developmental agency/ investment bank / investment promotion agency / global corporate working in agriculture and allied sectors
- Experience of preparing DPR’s, policy briefs, policy analysis, research reports.
- Ability to work in teams and take ownership of the task at hand
- Excellent communication, people and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight timelines
Preference shall be given to those with domain knowledge in agriculture and allied sectors. Some criteria may be relaxed for exceptional candidates may be from non-agricultural backgrounds.