About the Department
About Invest India
Invest India is national investment promotion and facilitation agency of the government of India, under the Department of Industry and Internal Trade of the Ministry of Commerce. The agency serves as the first point of contact for investors exploring India as a business destination. Invest India is responsible for numerous key government initiatives including AGNIi, One District One Product, Project Monitoring Group, Startup India, and Waste to Wealth, among others.
SIRU is the primary research wing of Invest India. The research unit is responsible for providing economic insight and comprehensive analyses of market trends and ongoing economic developments in India. Its mandate includes creating a knowledge repository for DPIIT and other union ministries and state administrations that aid in foreign investment facilitation. SIRU produces extensive research reports and papers through primary and secondary research and publishes across government and national media publications.
- Helm key research projects, define scope of work and author detailed reports and opportunity papers in emerging sectors. Publications should include both primary and secondary sectoral research.
- Lead SIRU’s external engagements with potential stakeholders in industry and government, and secure project specific partnerships that work to enhance FDI inflow into India.
- Build extensive cooperation networks within Invest India’s parent ministry, DPIIT, and deliver projects and research documents requested by them.
- Lead the team of associates and monitor the internship programme at SIRU.
- Manage day-to-day administrative work of the SIRU team.
- 5-10 years of working experience in economic or market research, policy analysis, or journalism.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, humanities, liberal arts, or related fields.
- A deep understanding of the Indian economy, the FDI landscape and various business policies.
- Strong research, writing and communication skills, and ability synthesise information from diverse sources. Experience publishing in government and/or national media is preferred.
- Ability to meet short deadlines.
- Self-starter with original ideas, demonstrated leadership qualities, and the ability to inspire teammates.
Interested candidates will be required to share cover letter along with prior published work.