About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department of Promotion for Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNii, and PMG.
Under the sectorial team of Food Processing - Invest India, we are looking to hire a senior manager who will be the guiding and supporting the team for various activities as stated below.
The senior manager will be responsible for assisting the team lead to execute the strategy for promoting investments in food processing and allied sectors. Invest India has a dedicated Investor Targeting Facilitation Desk with Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Government of India for handholding both domestic and foreign investors for doing business in India. S/he will be closely working with stakeholders in the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), other concerned ministries / departments, industry associations, private companies etc. for promotion and facilitation of investments into these sectors, policy advocacy etc. S/he will report into the Team Lead of the Food Processing Sector.
The roles and responsibilities of the team member would be to:
- Lead the engagement with multiple stakeholders including Ministries/Departments, State Governments / UT Administrations, Quasi-Government Agencies, PSUs, Investors, and Private Promoters/Investors.
- Managing activities related to Project Development Cell of Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- Work in close coordination with team lead to ensure execution of the strategy of the division or project
- Support & guide team in preparation of high-quality research, reports, DPR’s and briefing notes required for specific projects
- Strategize to increase awareness & promote entrepreneurship in food sector
- Coordinate with stakeholders for organising discussions, workshops, roadshows etc.
- Facilitation for investors in agri-food and allied sectors
- Regularly update the company database on leads and client cases
- Contribute to the delivery of client objectives
- Post-graduate or graduate degree in agriculture and related streams
- 6-8 years of work experience in a front-end role at a consulting firm / developmental agency/ investment bank / investment promotion agency / global corporate working in agriculture and allied sectors
- Experience of preparing DPR’s, policy briefs, policy analysis, research reports
- Ability to work in teams and take ownership of the task at hand
- Strong commitment to accuracy and professionalism
- Excellent communication, people and analytical skills
- Ability to work amid strict deadlines and on multiple projects