About the Department
The Waste to Wealth Mission is one of the nine scientific missions of the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology, and Innovation Advisory Council (PMSTIAC). The Mission is spearheaded by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA), Government of India.
The Mission aims to identify, test, and validate technologies that recover value from waste, and have proven the viability of their business models. These technologies will be piloted at Mission Sentinels, that will demonstrate solutions for India’s critical waste challenges and contribute to conserving, restoring, and enhancing India’s land, air, and water resources. One of the sentinel sites of the Mission is the Su-Dhara Waste Technology Park at East Delhi where several decentralized waste management technologies are being piloted in collaboration with East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC).
To oversee the overall management of the site, the Waste to Wealth Mission Project Management Unit (PMU) is looking for a Project Manager who shall have the following key responsibilities:
- Coordinate with all technology providers, officials from EDMC and Waste to Wealth PMU for successful operation of all technologies at site. Provide regular updates to Waste to Wealth Mission Director and VP.
- Address all operational and logistical problems at site with support from EDMC and Waste to Wealth PMU. Ensure minimum downtime of all technologies/equipment at site by timely reporting of breakdowns to technology provider and Waste to Wealth PMU.
- Coordinate with technology providers to upload daily monitoring parameters of different technologies on Waste to Wealth portal.
- Monitoring the daily operational parameters uploaded on the portal by respective technology providers and flag any gaps and deviations to the technology provider and Waste to Wealth PMU
- Support Waste to Wealth PMU in preparing monthly technology evaluation reports
- Communicate feedback from the Waste to Wealth PMU and Mission Director to technology providers for improvement in the operation of the technologies
- Monitoring of daily activities at site and maintain proper documentation. The candidate should be able to provide all operational details to any senior official from Invest India/Office of PSA visiting the site.
- Ensure general cleanliness and maintenance of the site.
- Bachelors/ Master’s in Environmental/Chemical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering, Waste Management, Environmental Management, or related fields.
- Relevant experience in deployment, operation and maintenance of waste management technologies, technology performance monitoring, research in the areas of Waste Management, Wastewater Management, Air pollution abatement and related fields
- 1 - 3 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to plan and coordinate project plans with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams