About the Department
Invest India is India’s national Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, a not-for-profit joint venture between the Department for Promotion of Industries and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, State Governments, and three Indian Chambers of Commerce, i.e., FICCI, CII and NASSCOM. Invest India’s primary mandate is to promote India as an investment destination and facilitate investors, entrepreneurs, and businesses throughout their investment lifecycle in India.
About National Single Window System (Investment Clearance Cell):
Several schemes and initiatives have been launched by the Govt. of India with the aim of improving India’s investment and business climate. One such flagship initiative is the ambitious Investment Clearance Cell (ICC), announced by the Union Finance Minister in her Union Budget 2020 speech. The vision is to setup a single window for investors to provide end-to-end facilitation, beginning with all approvals, licenses, clearances etc. Subsequently, Invest India, under guidance of DPIIT, took up this ambitious project as the executing agency, and started the process of developing the National Single Window System (NSWS) digital portal to this end.
The trial version of the NSWS portal was launched by the hon’ble Minister of Commerce and Industry recently. With the successful launch of the trial version, the team is now working to stabilize, enhance and scale the platform. To this end, the team is looking for professionals at the Associate level to be part of the NSWS core team at Invest India. Specifically, professionals interested in building and scaling new services and products and contribute to national advancement.
The NSWS team operates in a dynamic, fluid, and fast paced environment, requiring each team member to be flexible and take up roles depending on the evolving project requirements and lifecycle. In general, each team member has the opportunity to take up varied responsibilities, with the aim to learn and grow. At the minimum, a Manager / Sr. Manager is expected to be able to execute the following basic responsibilities.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Own the overall end-to-end user experience and user journey on NSWS for users across central government ministries and departments, State Government offices etc.
- Own overall onboarding and implementation plan for central government ministries and departments, State Government , including increasing coverage and continuous improvement of user experience
- Understand stakeholder perspective, needs and constraints, manage stakeholder expectations, explain project context and value proposition, mutually plan execution, handholding through implementation
- Customer/End-user (investor / entrepreneur / businesses etc.) experience management
- Understand end-user needs and requirements, compile insights from user research (feedback, surveys etc.), create framework to prioritize user requirements
- New features planning and roll out, ideate and brainstorm new product functionalities and features, build business case, value proposition and consensus, project manage development and implementation
- Refine product features and functionality to ensure customer/user success, usage and adoption
- Propose innovative new functionalities, features and solutions leveraging new proven technologies, including Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Automation and other digital technologies
- Troubleshoot, analyze, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Cross-functional coordination and delivery
- Collaborate and communicate with a broad team of cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring all viewpoints are accounted for and that solutions meet all necessary requirements
- Presenting stakeholders and user requirements to internal teams, working with various subject matter experts across business, design, and technical teams to analyze requirements, coordinate solution approaches and impact analysis
- Firm up delivery schedule and ensure timelines and quality, cross-functional orchestration of delivery pipeline for new requirements and defect fixes
- Own product backlog— prioritize and groom, use data to make informed tradeoffs between new feature development, platform investment, and user issues/feedback
- Project Management and Change Management
- Establishing primary constraints of quality, budget, timelines ; planning execution and tracking progress
- Establishing, documenting, and tracking milestones, along with specifications, timelines, and responsibilities
- Timely flagging and escalation of constraints, threats, risks, and opportunities
- Managing cross-functional impact of changes, ensuring business / user readiness for changes to be deployed
- Keeping all stakeholders updated and avoiding surprises
- Define internal processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs), ensure adherence, and identify potential areas of improvement around project planning and execution
- Partner/Vendor and Procurement Management
- End-to-end management of third-party vendor responsible for creating, editing, and maintaining the portal
- Work with partners/vendors to manage daily operations of NSWS in production, problem and issues management, incident management and troubleshooting, customer satisfaction, user feedback and continuous improvement, operations MIS, risk planning and mitigation, financial and operational planning
- Reporting and MIS
- Create, implement, and run overall reporting and MIS framework to provide effective management information and seek timely decisions and resources
- Summarize status of various stakeholders, status of project, constraints, risks, opportunities and decisions required
- Marketing, Promotion and Go-to-market strategy:
- Ideate and structure the marketing and promotion plan, including identifying the right audience at the right, the message to be conveyed , the channels to be used etc.
- Mentoring, coaching, learning and development
- Manage learning and development within the team
- Mentor junior team members to improve effectiveness at executing current roles and responsibilities
- Coach team members to help them learn and grow in to future roles as per succession planning
- 3-7 years of experience, preferably in a project or product owner/manager role, or operations/transformation management role, or other relevant experience in digital technology related roles
- Master’s in science / engineering / business administration or related fields
- Working knowledge and experience with Saas application products, technologies and architecture
- Good written and spoken communication skills, including presentation, formal writing, verbal and email