About the Department
Invest India is India’s national Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency, a not-for-profit joint venture between the Department for Promotion of Industries and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, State Governments, and three Indian Chambers of Commerce, i.e., FICCI, CII and NASSCOM. Invest India’s primary mandate is to promote India as an investment destination and facilitate investors, entrepreneurs, and businesses throughout their investment lifecycle in India.
About National Single Window System (Investment Clearance Cell):
Several schemes and initiatives have been launched by the Govt. of India with the aim of improving India’s investment and business climate. One such flagship initiative is the ambitious Investment Clearance Cell (ICC), announced by the Union Finance Minister in her Union Budget 2020 speech. The vision is to setup a single window for investors to provide end-to-end facilitation, beginning with all approvals, licenses, clearances etc. Subsequently, Invest India, under guidance of DPIIT, took up this ambitious project as the executing agency, and started the process of developing the National Single Window System (NSWS) digital portal to this end.
The trial version of the NSWS portal was launched by the hon’ble Minister of Commerce and Industry recently. With the successful launch of the trial version, the team is now working to stabilize, enhance and scale the platform. To this end, the team is looking for professionals at the Associate level to be part of the NSWS core team at Invest India. Specifically, professionals interested in building and scaling new services and products and contribute to national advancement.
The NSWS team operates in a dynamic, fluid, and fast paced environment, requiring each team member to be flexible and take up roles depending on the evolving project requirements and lifecycle. In general, each team member has the opportunity to take up varied responsibilities, with the aim to learn and grow. At the minimum, an Associate/Asst. Manager is expected to execute the following basic responsibilities.
- Day to day interaction with stakeholders and users of the platform:
- Own stakeholder user journey and experience, ensure smooth functioning of platform for users of various authorities across central ministries, departments, and state agencies
- Work with Nodal Officers and technical teams of the authorities to onboard additional authority approvals and systems on to the NSWS
- Explaining the project, its context and value proposition, understanding stakeholder perspective, needs and constraints, mutually prioritizing and planning execution, handholding through implementation
- Analyzing and documenting requirements of various stakeholders and users:
- Understanding and documenting the requirements, business logic, suggestions and recommendations and constraints of the various stakeholders and users
- Maintain stakeholder and functional level consolidated requirement documents
- Collect relevant data and report timely and insightful information:
- Create, implement, and run reporting to provide effective management information
- Seek timely decisions and resources, including status of various stakeholders, status of project, constraints, risks, opportunities and decisions required
- Drafting presentations, briefs and talking points
- Conduct end user research and analysis
- Understanding needs and requirements of end users (investors, entrepreneurs, businesses)
- Working with industry associations and individual businesses, organizing and running webinars, workshops, seminars etc., collecting and analyzing feedback on user experience, functionality, features etc.
- Secondary research to identify coverage gaps, best practices etc
- Marketing and Promotion of NSWS
- Building and running mass and targeted promotional campaigns to rapidly scale NSWS usage
- Leveraging in-house channels and partner channels like industry associations and government authorities
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably as a business analyst or operational consultant
- Bachelor’s in engineering / technology / science / economics / business / commerce, master’s in science / engineering / business administration or related fields added advantage
- Fluent in English with good written and spoken communication skills
- Fluent with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PPT, Word etc.)
- Basic IT knowledge and application to business (preferred)