About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working across government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
We are seeking candidates to join the Media & Entertainment (M&E) sector team at Invest India. M&E is one of the champion sectors being supported by the Government of India. The sector comprises of various verticals (TV, print, OTT, gaming, search & social, animation, VFX, post-production, cinema, and OOH) and is expected to grow to $ 55-70 Bn by 2030. The selected candidate will be able to build his/her expertise in the evolving M&E ecosystem in India and work directly with key industry and government stakeholders to drive India's growth strategy.
- Sourcing strategic investments to build an investment pipeline of companies that have the potential to invest in key M&E segments in India.
- Facilitation and handholding of new and existing investors in market entry strategy and expansion advisory, policy advisory, JV & strategic partner search, and issue resolution.
- Implementation of national strategies and development of favorable policy frameworks in partnership with the Line Ministries, to provide an impetus to the Indian M&E ecosystem.
- Liaising with Line Ministries, prospective investors, and Industry Associations.
- Preparing pitch presentations for investors considering business expansion and research documents for policy inputs for Ministries.
- Organizing stakeholder consultations, roundtables and investment promotion events pitching the investment opportunities across media & entertainment verticals to potential investors.
- Performing periodic trends analysis within the M&E space and building sector intelligence.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a premier institution in Economics/Commerce/Media and Journalism/Technology.
- 0-4 years of work experience in roles like research, consulting, investment banking, policy advocacy, preferably in the M&E industry.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and their impact on the digital M&E space.
- Strong research, analytical, communication, coordination, and relationship management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Word, Power-Point.