About the Department
The Strategic Alliances division of the Office of Principal Scientific Adviser, facilitates partnerships between Industry, foundations, academia, startups and MSMEs; through national and international coalitions and consortia both. Deliberations that developed over the past year and a half saw demand from industries and foundations feeding into academia and the start-up ecosystem’s strategy of developing innovative solutions to meet them. The Industry-Academia collaborations over the last year have supported (a) joint R&D or contracted industry R&D; (b) establishment of Centres of Excellence (CoE) by industry in academia, and (c) finding innovative solutions for social development.
- Promote and forge partnerships on scientific research and innovations from India’s premier academia for social impact with Industry, philanthropic and CSR organisations.
- Engage with Industry to address their challenges through academia and startup collaboration
- Engaging with science & technology institutes, incubators, centre of excellences and the entire start-up ecosystem
- Secondary research, outreach and communication.
- Proactive in developing relationships and strategies to accomplish objectives and accountability in delivering results
- Streamline engagements with industry partners and ensure timely communication based on best practices
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned
- B.Tech, B.E. M.Sc, or equivalent degree
- Master’s degree (MBA Marketing or equivalent) is preferable
- Prior professional experience in business development, pre-sales and consulting sales, program management.
- R&D collaborations, CSR, sustainability or similar backgrounds preferred
- Network and prior experience with BFSI organisations preferable
- Attention to detail and taking end-to-end ownership
- High degree of responsibility, with demonstrated supporting experience
- Excellent client facing and communication skills; the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and simply, in writing and verbally, to technology and funding decision-makers at senior level
- Must understand sense of urgency and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Strong management skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently