About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department of Promotion for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with the various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNii and PMG.
The candidate will be responsible for formulating and executing an investor targeting and facilitation strategy for companies from the Consumer Goods industry.
- Identifying and building investment pipeline of companies that have the potential to invest in India. This includes analysing investor signals and developing frameworks for an accurate investor targeting strategy.
- Facilitating and handholding investors on their India market entry, location assessment, business expansion, consolidation, and aftercare support. Additionally, navigating regulatory and policy frameworks for the above investment stages.
- Working on issues related to policy, regulations, operations to enable ease of doing business in close collaboration with industry and government stakeholders
- Preparing knowledge reports, briefs and pitch decks on current market overview, forecasted market opportunities, key industry trends, policy initiatives, reforms, cost benefit analysis and support in building a business case for India market entry
- Building and suggesting global best practices on new policies being introduced for this sector in tandem with relevant line Ministries.
- Organizing stakeholder consultations, roundtables, and investment promotion events to pitch the investment opportunities across the sector and work on consolidating industry feedback on relevant issues.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree from a premier institution (Economics, Management, Finance or related field will be preferred)
- 2 to 6 years of prior work experience in in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, related industry / Startups. Exceptional candidates from other fields may be considered as well.
- This is a front facing role. Strong Communications, Coordination, Relationship Management skills across diverse stakeholders are essential
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, MS Word, Power-Point and Strong Presentation Skills
- Self motivated individual with a passion to contribute to India’s growth story and keen to make an impact in a fast-paced, purpose-driven work environment.
- Strong worth ethic, encouraging team player and ability to multitask