Startup20 India Inception Meeting
The Startup20 India inception meeting officially began the work of the three task forces of Startup20 and set the stage for further discussions on critical global issues, such as harmonization of startup related definitions and terminologies, setting up institutional mechanisms for the startup ecosystems across G20 nations to form desired alliances, promoting investments of patient capital in startups working on areas of global interest, creating a policy framework to harmonize investment mechanism across the G20 member nations, increasing support for women-led startups and organizations, promoting startups working on making communities more inclusive and working on achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in areas of global interest.
The two-day inception meeting also showcased a unique Indian cultural experience in the form of art exhibitions, cultural performances, and excursions to Taj Falaknuma Palace and Golconda Fort. The event witnessed participation from:
- 80 Overseas delegates
- 104 Indian delegates
- 25 countries
Participation from senior government officials, representatives from Embassy Consulates, officials of the Government of Hyderabad, global Startup and Innovation agencies, international organizations, industry players and media were also seen at the event.
The Startup20 India Inception Meeting’s Inaugural Session had keynote addresses from various key ecosystem members like:
- Mr. G. Kishan Reddy, Minister of Culture
- Mr. Som Parkash, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry
- Mr. Amitabh Kant, G20 India Sherpa
- Mr. Anurag Jain, Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
- Mr. Parameswaran Iyer, CEO NITI
- Mr. Jayesh Ranjan, Principal Secretary, Government of Telangana
- Mrs. Shruti Singh, Joint Secretary, Department of Promotion for Industry & Internal Trade
For the first plenary session at the Startup20 inception meeting, the task force chairs shared the key objectives and expected outcomes from each of the task forces.
- Foundations & Alliances by Srivardhini K. Jha, NSRCEL Chief, IIM Bangalore
- Finance by Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder – Paytm
- Sustainability & Inclusion by Harjinder Kaur Talwar, MD & CEO– ComVision