Project Monitoring Group resolved more than 1100 issues in the First Half of FY 2022
Improving the ‘Ease of Living’ through creation of sustainable infrastructure has been the singular focus of Hon’ble Prime Minister. Heeding to his clarion call, Government of India has taken many initiatives to ensure effective and timely completion of large-scale infrastructure projects.
Project Monitoring Group (PMG), under DPIIT, has been one such marquee initiative which has been facilitating project implementation across sectors. It is an institutional mechanism focused on removing bottlenecks and expediting resolution of issues faced in the implementation of projects with investment of ₹ 500 crore and above. To ensure a seamless resolution mechanism for such large-scale infrastructure projects in the country, PMG rolled out its state-of-the-art technology portal. Currently, more than 1900 projects with investment of more than ₹ 64 lakh crore are being monitored on the portal.
As a part of its mandate, PMG has been facilitating regular review meetings between project proponents, State Governments and Union Ministries to accelerate project implementation through expeditious resolution of issues. Since 01st April 2022, PMG has organized 37 review meetings with State Governments and various Union Ministries. These meetings witnessed enthusiastic participation from key Union Ministries and various departments/ districts of respective State Governments. As a result, 1137 issues have been resolved across 267 projects with investment of more than ₹ 13.40 lakh crores.
Some of the key projects discussed in the meetings include:
- Ahmedabad Metro & Pune Metro projects both of which have been inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister in the recent past.
- Eastern & Western Dedicated Freight Corridors which have more than 2800 km of dedicated tracks and will soon become the backbone of freight movement across India.
- The corridors pass through the states of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Project is the first High Speed Train Project in India passing through Gujarat, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Maharashtra.
- Major Transmission line projects including those under Eastern & Western Region Strengthening Schemes, Northeastern Region Power System Improvement Project and Comprehensive Scheme for strengthening of Transmission & Distribution in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim
- Major pipeline projects across India including Jagdishpur - Haldia & Bokaro - Dhamra Pipeline Project, Kakinada Srikakulam Natural Gas Pipeline Project and North-East Gas Grid among others
- Trans–Haryana Expressway NH152D, Char Dham Road Connectivity, Delhi-Mumbai Expressway, Raipur-Visakhapatnam Economic Corridor, Delhi-Amritsar-Katra Expressway and similar road and highway projects across India
During these meetings, valuable suggestions were received from various state governments which also helped in dissemination of best practices in the country. In the spirit of cooperative federalism, PMG will continue to facilitate regular reviews with other State Governments and Union Ministries in the days to come.
For more information on PMG, kindly visit: pmg.dpiit.gov.in