Inside India's Production Linked Incentive Schemes: Textile Products
Taking steps forward towards the vision of an ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’, Government led by Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the PLI Scheme for Textiles for MMF Apparel, MMF Fabrics and 10 segments/ products of Technical Textiles with a budgetary outlay of Rs. 10,683 crore. PLI for Textiles along with RoSCTL, RoDTEP and other measures of Government in sector e.g. providing raw material at competitive prices, skill development etc will herald a new age in textiles manufacturing. The PLI scheme will attract large investment in the sector to further boost domestic manufacturing, especially in the Man-Made Fibres, Man-Made Apparel and technical textiles.
- To enable Textiles Industry to achieve size and scale
- To enhance competitiveness
- To capture substantial share in the international market.
- To support MSMEs manufacturing.
- To create 60-70 world class global champion company in these segments.
- To attract and invite investment in the sector
- Creation of employment opportunities