India Industrial land bank: Investor’s First Avenue to Land of Opportunities
DPIIT in collaboration with teams from Invest India and MeitY has developed the India Industrial Land Bank (IILB) - a GIS (Geographic Information System) enabled database of industrial areas including clusters, parks, nodes, zones, etc. across the country to help investors identify their preferred location for investment. This is a step towards developing a platform to map the resources available in the nation including raw materials, terrain, and connectivity to ports to enhance cost efficiency and thereby, improve resource optimization across the country to help investors identify their preferred location.
To date, the portal provides access to information on over 4500 industrial parks mapped across 5.06 lakh hectares of land out of which 1.12 lakh hectare of land is presently available for industrial use. To ensure the information gets updated on real time basis, the system has been integrated with industry-based GIS systems of 34 States and UTs. The portal provides investors the most accurate, comprehensive, real-time updates on the following: raw material availability (agricultural and horticultural crops, minerals); sectoral parks (such as chemicals and automobiles) and types of parks (plug and play, private, and public); land available for allotment by state and sector; and view on key utilities and infrastructure (such as a park, plot, urban infrastructure, terrain, connectivity via road, rail, air and port network, and sectoral clusters)
- Navigate to the Indian Industrial Land bank portal using the below link https://iis.ncog.gov.in/parks/login1
- Go to EXPLORE PARKS.
- Start Demo” to understand various functionalities available within the portal.
- Select “Advanced Search” inside the search pane from the left-hand panel.
- On the Query Builder Window, select the state of your choice, further select more filters to get results as per your requirements.
- In the Query Result window, park information will be displayed.
- Select “ View Map” to see the park on the Map.
- Click on the industrial park to get park and plot-level data on the right-hand side
Snapshot of Pithampur-3-(Sagore & Bagdoon)
The IILB portal provides free login access to the users. Since its launch, the portal has undergone significant enhancements/upgrades. It is constantly evolving to provide information to stakeholders through user-friendly interface. The land bank can be accessed via website or a mobile application available on both android and iOS. The platform will serve as a powerful tool as it will continuously be updated and share the most relevant information with all potential investors across the globe.
This has been authored by IILB & IPRS, SIRU.