DPIIT Review Meetings
Project Monitoring Group (PMG) is an institutional mechanism for expedited resolution of issues and milestone-based monitoring of projects with investments upwards of INR 500 Crores. PMG aims to flag and remedy issues impeding the implementation of mega infrastructure projects and to help foster infrastructure that underpins sustainable development, creates direct and indirect jobs, and sustains the vision of Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
PMG facilitates the organization of review meetings chaired by the Special Secretary/Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), and Review Meetings chaired by the Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat.
DPIIT Review Meetings:
- Rajasthan Review: In this review, 11 projects with 39 issues worth INR 1,23,707 Crores were reviewed to ensure project progress, removal of infrastructure bottlenecks and better stakeholder coordination. As a part of the meeting, 06 issues in 04 projects were resolved.
- Telangana Review: In this review, 19 projects with 50 issues worth INR 98,713.36 crores were reviewed. As a result of this review, 10 issues in 05 projects were resolved.
- Madhya Pradesh Review: In this review, 27 projects with 59 issues worth INR 61,302.09 Crores were discussed.
- Andhra Pradesh Review: In this review, 31 projects with 69 issues worth INR 99,656.89 were reviewed.
Review Meetings chaired by Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat
- Bihar Review: In this review, 49 projects with 26 issues worth INR 1,62,272 Crores were reviewed to ensure project progress, removal of infrastructure bottlenecks and better stakeholder coordination.
- Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, and Mizoram Review: In this review, 50 projects with 79 issues worth INR 2.36 Lakh Crores were reviewed.
- Tamil Nadu Review: In this review, 22 projects with 13 issues worth INR 37,761 Crores were discussed.
- Uttar Pradesh Review: In this review, 34 projects with 19 issues worth INR 1,16,010 Crores were discussed.
- Maharashtra Review: In this review, 23 projects with 35 issues worth INR 1,33,372.3 Crores were reviewed.
- IIG-PMG Integration: Project Monitoring Group (PMG) and India Investment Grid (IIG) portals have been integrated to circumvent time inefficiencies in uploading of data by implementing agencies. Several meetings were jointly held among the leadership of National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) Ministries, BISAG-N, Invest India Team, and NIP Team at Department of Economic Affairs with the focus to enable various Ministries to fill data at one platform and for better efficiency of project monitoring.
- Key Issue Resolution: 118 issues in 70 projects were resolved in projects important to India’s growth story, including Jagdishpur - Haldia & Bokaro - Dhamra Pipeline Project (including Baruani Guwahati Pipeline Project), Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor, Kolkata Metro Railways, Northeast Gas Grid, Mumbai Urja Marg Limited, New Delhi-Vadodara-Mumbai Expressway, to name a few. Out of the 118 resolved issues, 32 were related to land acquisition, 25 were related to the grant of right of use/right of way, and 23 were related to forest/wildlife/environmental.