DPIIT Review Meetings
Project Monitoring Group (PMG) has been regularly conducting review meetings to get definite timelines for the resolution of issues pertaining to mega infrastructure projects, which are pending with different state governments and central ministries. These review meetings are attended by central ministry officials, senior officials from the concerned state government, District Collectors and Project Proponents.
- Haryana and Delhi review meeting was chaired by the Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry, and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Government of India. In this review, 19 projects of Haryana and Delhi (with 44 issues) were reviewed to ensure project progress, removal of infrastructure bottlenecks, and better stakeholder coordination.
- Uttar Pradesh review meeting was chaired by the Joint Secretary, DPIIT, Government of India. In this meeting, 45 issues in 20 projects worth INR 1,50,935.01 Cr were reviewed. As a result of this review, 7 issues across 5 projects were resolved.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change review meeting was chaired by Special Secretary, DPIIT, Government of India. In this review, 17 issues in 15 projects worth INR 82,367 Cr were reviewed to ensure project progress, removal of infrastructure bottlenecks and better stakeholder coordination.
- Maharashtra Review Meeting was chaired by Special Secretary, DPIIT. In this review, 68 issues in 27 projects worth INR 2.85 lakh crore (including projects such as Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Project, Western Dedicated Freight Corridor etc.) were reviewed.
- Karnataka review meeting was chaired by Joint Secretary, DPIIT. In this review, 75 issues in 30 projects worth INR 87,029 Cr were reviewed.
- Odisha review meeting was chaired by Joint Secretary, DPIIT. In this review, 66 issues in 28 projects worth INR 94,298.65 Cr were reviewed. As a result of this review, 9 issues across 5 projects were resolved.
- Project Review by Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat
PMG has been facilitating review meetings under the chairpersonship of the Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat, to review the overall progress of critical high-value projects facing long pending issues with state governments. During these meetings, the focus was on the review of the milestone information specifically pertaining to construction and commissioning milestones, aimed at identifying causes of delays in implementation and issues hindering the progress of the project. Thereafter, stringent timelines are set for the resolution of issues so that the implementation can be expedited, and the project can be commissioned as per its scheduled timeline.
- Andhra Pradesh review– In this meeting, 19 issues in 6 projects worth INR 47,336.65 Cr were discussed.
- Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways (PSW), Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (HUA), and Ministry of Civil Aviation (CA) Review Meeting- In this review, 11 projects sponsored by the Ministry of HUA, Ministry of PSW, and Ministry of CA worth INR 47,502.04 Cr were reviewed.
- Assam review– In this meeting, 5 projects with 9 issues worth INR 28,548.48 Cr were reviewed.
- Uttarakhand Review– In this review, 15 projects worth INR 1.21 lakh crore were reviewed to ensure project progress, removal of infrastructure bottlenecks, and better stakeholder coordination.
PMG Site Visits
- Tamil Nadu visit: PMG conducted a field visit to review projects worth INR 11,625 Cr in and around Madurai and Tuticorin (Tamil Nadu). Through the visit, PMG was also able to collect on-ground information from implementing agencies which could be factored in during our reviews with state governments and ministries for accelerating the implementation of these mega-infra projects. PMG was also invited by SHV Energy to the inauguration of their expanded Liquid Petroleum Gas import and storage terminal at Tuticorin Port wherein their global management team expressed appreciation for PMG for facilitating the resolution of issues faced during the construction phase of this mega facility.
- Jharkhand visit: PMG conducted a field visit to evaluate the progress of infrastructure projects under implementation in Ranchi, Hazaribagh and Ramgarh districts. The projects visited include the 2400 MW Patratu Super Thermal Power Station (Phase I), Pakri Barwadih coal mine and its connectivity to Banadag railway siding via Asia's longest coal conveyor belt, and the Light House Project at Ranchi among others. The team also met officials from the Government of Jharkhand to discuss the active adoption of the state PMG mechanism and resolution of critical issues hampering the timely implementation of infrastructure projects.
- Telangana visit: PMG team accompanied officials from the Prime Minister’s Office on a visit to Hyderabad, Telangana. The visit was undertaken to review the progress of major projects in and around Hyderabad. During the visit, a meeting was also held with officers of the Ministry of Railways, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, and the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), at the regional office, NHAI, Hyderabad.
- Rajasthan visit: PMG team conducted a site visit at Jaipur and Ajmer to observe the progress of road over bridges being constructed as part of the critical Western Dedicated Freight Corridor project. The reason for visiting these critical portions was their timely completion which will result in seamless commissioning of the entire project along with allowing the trains to maintain the speed and weight at which they have been envisioned.
- Rajasthan Internal Review Meeting:
The PMG team was invited by the Industries Department, Government of Rajasthan for streamlining their internal review mechanism of large infrastructure projects. The meeting was chaired by Veenu Gupta, Additional Chief Secretary (ACS) Industries and saw participation from all districts and departments of the State along with implementing agencies. The officers were particularly appreciative of the hard work and concerted efforts of the PMG Team in expediting issue resolution.