COVID-19 Open Innovation Challenge by NIT Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir
The entire Indian ecosystem is combatting the COVID-19 pandemic by adopting numerous innovative ideas. Numerous startup programs and initiatives have been launched by state governments and central government departments to facilitate the adoption of innovative products and services. The IIED Centre at the National Institute of Technology, Srinagar, in partnership with Kashmir-based entrepreneurs and researchers, has announced the launch of the COVID-19 Open Innovation Challenge. This challenge aims to develop quick, innovative solutions to address the impacts of COVID-19.
Proposed innovations and creative solutions will be shared with all governmental and non-governmental organisations engaged in the challenge. Winning submissions in Stage-1 will receive Rs. 1 lakh cash award, a certificate and all necessary incubation facilities to develop and scale their startup idea. The challenge shall also felicitate the participants with five consolation prizes as well. All ideas will be evaluated based on their clarity, inventiveness, practicability and impact.
Below are the themes of the Open Innovation Challenge:
• Innovative quick screening
• Rapid testing kits
• Personal protective equipment
• Designing supplies or devices (Example: face shields, masks, and low-cost frugal ventilators)
• Innovative ways/ channels for the supply and distribution of essentials items
• Efficient handling/ transportation and management of COVID-19 patients
• Overcoming social stigma associated with COVID-19
The participation is open to all residents of Jammu and Kashmir.
• Challenge launch: 5th April 2020
• Last date of participation: 15th April 2020
Applying to the challenge
The innovators can submit their solution to the email:firstname.lastname@example.org. The innovators can also contact and submit their idea via WhatsApp to the mobile numbers mentioned here: https://www.nitsri.ac.in/uploaded_files/coronvirus_challenge.pdf