About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. It is a joint venture between the Department of Promotion for Internal Trade & Industry (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and State Governments. It hosts teams working with various Govt. initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
We are seeking candidates who have a passion for world class research and building research driven documents, analyses, programmes, and platforms that are path breaking in their field. You will join a dynamic and highly intellectual team delivering the best-in-class research work at some of the most important areas of development and policy.
- Develop and lead emerging research themes on women and child development by producing high-quality evidence, research, and approaches to be taken up by partners and policymakers.
- Gather information and data on all aspects of women and child development and governance with specific regard to the programmes and policies of the government of India.
- Prepare reports, briefs, research notes and any other document using the information as aforementioned and as per requirement.
- Develop multilateral action plans, nationally and internationally, driven by the research agenda and through suitable outreach involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Preparing annual research calendars pre-empting all of documents and platforms needed to highlight developments in women and child development policies and aligning them to global best practices.
- Build suitable measures and design surveys that demonstrate the impact of women and child development policies in India, in partnership with relevant stakeholders, as necessary.
- Build dynamic stakeholder relationships nationally and internationally, as per requirement, to fulfil the goals mentioned above.
- Coordinate and supervise research assistants working on similar topics.
- 2- 8 years’ experience leading research projects in developmental areas.
- Experience in any applied developmental economics and topics related to the Human Development Index, women and child development would be preferred.
- Masters degree in Developmental Economics/Economics or relevant field of study.
- Excellent training and skills in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience in research design and conducting surveys (including skills in data analysis and visualisation).
- Excellent writing skills in English(must) and Hindi(must) and any additional Indian language is an asset. Document design skills would be an additional bonus.