About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department of Promotion for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNii, and PMG.
About the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser.
In November 1999, Cabinet Secretariat established the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (OPSA) to the Government of India. The PSA’s office aims to provide pragmatic and objective advice to the Prime Minister and the cabinet in matters of Science and Technology.
About the AGNIi Mission: The AGNIi Mission is a programme of the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India, executed in partnership with Invest India; and one of nine Missions under the Prime Minister’s Science Technology and Innovation Advisory Council. The Mission works with Government agencies to determine how national priorities can be engaged, and their resolution assisted, with Indian technological innovation.
Role: A Communications Associate is being sought to support the Office of PSA in advancing its communications function. This is a full-time role.
- Capture and document the work being done by the Office of PSA
- Managing editorial and communication content for Office of PSA website and social media handles
- Coordinate with stakeholders within the Office of PSA to gather content that showcases the work being done as well as the impact of that work for the nation
- Coordinate with stakeholders and experts outside of the Office of PSA, like professors, experts from science and technology fields to create reports that capture the current status of different science and technology fields as well as their future outlook
- Conduct interviews with the stalwarts of Indian Science and Technology for showcase on the Office of PSA website
- Collaborate with innovative start-ups, public R&D institutions, and MSMEs across India for showcase on the PSA website and social media handles
- Conduct Policy research within India and globally to identify the standards set for various science and technology fields
- Collaborate with stakeholders within the Office of PSA to prepare for high level meetings and events
- Good understanding of broad technology spectrum (preferably someone with strong background in Technology Studies or Technology Policy or Technology/Innovation Management)
- Science and technology scouting, mapping, landscaping and forecasting
- Very good English language skills, particularly in popular Science writing
- Broad understanding of Indian science, technology and innovation (STI) ecosystem and good grasp of international STI landscape.
- At least seven years’ experience, preferably;
- Prior experience in any or more of the following organisations would be strongly preferred: science and technology institutions, think tanks / research institutes, communications organisations.