About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency. It is a joint venture between the Department of Promotion for Internal Trade Industry (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and State Governments. It hosts teams working with various Govt. initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
The AGNIi Mission is a flagship initiative under the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser, and one of nine technology Missions under the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC). The Office executes the Mission in collaboration with Invest India, the national investment promotion agency. The AGNIi Mission focuses on commercialising Indian emerging technologies: helping private, public, and non-profit sector organisations upgrade capabilities and competitiveness with Indian startup and laboratory innovation.
Invest India invites passionate and committed individuals to join hands and make a difference.
In this role you will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of performance-improving approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with AGNIi’s Internal Security, Defence and Aerospace partners at all levels to ensure high impact, sustainable results. Your work will include gathering and analysing information, formulating, and testing hypotheses, developing recommendations, and helping to implement sustainable changes.
All of your work will be project-based and varied. At AGNIi, we help our clients on a broad range of topics, including Insertion of Emerging Tech and its strategy, operational performance improvement, risk and resource reallocation, organizational design and talent development, and digital issues.
- Develop use-cases and scenarios revolving around Internal Security, Defence, and its various stakeholders in the Indian Ecosystem.
- Target and interact with foreign and domestic players in the Private Defence Manufacturing Space
- Liaison with the Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Defence and its associated agencies. Also, with Private Sector and MSMEs in the Aerospace and Defence space.
- Work with stakeholders in the Internal Security domain on ease of doing business initiatives and policy recommendations related to Emerging Technology.
- Prepare research documents/ pitch decks on areas of interest to various Stakeholders in this sector.
- Work on resolution of queries and grievances in stipulated time
The role may require travel (short trips) to assist various stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in, Engineering, Economics, Law or Public Policy domains.
- 1+ years’ experience in Government Advisory / Consulting / Industry Experience
- Excellent Research, Communications, and Analytical Skills. The Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Good understanding of Emerging Technologies and Technology Policy
- Excellent understanding of the Indian business environment especially the Defence, Internal Security and Aerospace Domain.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Commitment to high standards and core values.