About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of the Government of India, under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The agency serves as the first point of contact for investors exploring India as a business destination. Invest India is responsible for numerous key government initiatives including Startup India, AGNIi, One District One Product, Project Monitoring Group, and Waste to Wealth among others.
About Startup India:
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India intended to catalyze startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. Since the launch of the initiative on 16th January 2016, Startup India has rolled out several programs with the objective of supporting entrepreneurs and transforming India into a country of job creators instead of job seekers.
As part of engagements with States, the States’ Startup Ranking is an annual competitive benchmarking exercise across all States and Union Territories in India. The objectives of the exercise entail supporting startups through various reform areas and incentivizing States to drive the vision of building a startup nation.
The Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing understanding of business climate and startup ecosystem in India and document workflows to strategize improvement plan
- Liaison with State Governments to understand States’ Startup Ecosystem & reforms for their evaluations and the feedback exercise
- Creating a methodology for the benchmarking exercise and undertaking execution of the exercise with States
- Conducting data analysis and representation
- Building government partnerships - support building vision and implementation of processes and program through project management, knowledge sharing and policy changes
- Provide support to DPIIT Officials to further improve process/operations, reform policies and provide strategic insight
- Conduct policy research in “Startup Ecosystem in India” and develop papers for advocacy
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in business administration, management sciences or related fields
- 5+ years’ experience in working in a front-end role at a Consulting Firm/ Public Policy Firms/ Big 4
- Experienced in investment promotion, project facilitation and project management with the State Governments/ Central Government in India
- Should have hands on experience in Conceptualizing, Managing and Executing projects
- Excellent Communication, People and Analytical skills