About the Department
Invest India, the world’s most awarded investment promotion agency, proposes to hire a Project Data Analyst on behalf of Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways (MoPSW) for providing support in the monitoring and implementation of projects and all initiatives for facilitating investments.
The activities of the data analyst would include the monitoring and management of various projects and initiatives/reforms that are sanctioned by key stakeholders. Such stakeholders include 12 major ports, Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI), Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships (DGLL), and Andaman Lakshadweep Harbour Works (ALHW). The broad scope of work will be as follows: -
- Collect data of all projects sanctioned under various stages from all major ports and other implementing agencies. Review the progress updates provided by implementing agencies/ports and seek clarifications, if required.
- Identification of various issues causing a delay in project progress and escalating the same.
- Examination of all project issues from contract/legal/finance/project management perspective and prepare a draft of requisite communications
- Prepare presentations on project status/data, as required. Also Prepare monthly expenditure plan, monitor expenses, and bring deviations to the notice of senior management for further action.
- Assist in the appraisal of all new project proposals/initiatives including financial analysis, project concept review, etc.
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches, and position papers.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations
- Prepare all documentation/reports for all schemes/ projects of ministry.
- Analysis of different operating parameters of ports and develop a strategy to improve port performance/efficiency.
- Monitor all the projects under implementation at Major Ports and other implementing agencies.
- Participate in progress review meetings, as and when required.
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations.
- 3-5 years of experience in Maritime sector – Ports, Shipping, Waterways, Logistics sectors preferred.
- B-tech/Masters degree from a reputed institution (preferably IIM/IIT/BITS)
- Ability to work in teams and independently take responsibility of delivering key results.
- Strong Communication, Research and Analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, and MS Word)
- Only candidates based out of New Delhi/NCR may apply.