About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of the Government of India, under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The agency serves as the first point of contact for investors exploring India as a business destination. Invest India is responsible for numerous key government initiatives including Startup India, AGNIi, One District One Product, Project Monitoring Group, and Waste to Wealth among others.
About Startup India:
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India intended to catalyze startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. Since the launch of the initiative on 16th January 2016, Startup India has rolled out several programs with the objective of supporting entrepreneurs and transforming India into a country of job creators instead of job seekers.
DPIIT has created the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) with an outlay of INR 945 Crore to provide financial assistance to startups for Proof of Concept, prototype development, product trials, market-entry, and commercialization. The Hon’ble Prime Minister announced the scheme on the 16th January 2021 in his Grand Plenary address of Prarambh: Startup India International Summit.
The Startup India Seed Fund scheme will be the primary project for the candidate. In addition, the candidate will be working on various other projects at Startup India.
- Identify opportunities for the growth and evolution of the Scheme, and devise relevant strategic plans of action for the same
- Screen incubator applications and organize regular meetings for application evaluation by the high-level committee for the Scheme
- Enable capacity development of selected incubators and handhold startup/incubator beneficiaries throughout the fund lifecycle (application, evaluation, progress monitoring etc.)
- Formalize and execute processes to track quantitative and qualitative KPIs, such as fund disbursements, returns, success stories etc. and provide meaningful insights from the collected data
- Investigate into (and compile detailed responses for) grievances, parliament questions, and RTI requests
- Build and execute an outreach strategy to create awareness about the Scheme amongst incubators and startups
- Maintain relations with key government officials and other relevant stakeholders in the ecosystem
As part of other projects, the Candidate is also expected to:
- Handhold startups and Government departments in entrepreneurial subjects to create a conducive startup ecosystem
- Provide support to DPIIT officials for formulating policies, schemes, measures etc.
- Address ad-hoc requests from DPIIT, such as preparation of reports, briefs, etc.
- Resolve queries and grievances of startups and other stakeholders in stipulated time
- The role requires regular travel (short trips) to assist various stakeholders.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree (Public Policy or Development Studies/Economics or Management/Engineering will be preferred)
- 1-4 years of Work experience (Consulting Firm/Investment Bank/Venture Capital/International Institutions such as World Bank, UNDP etc. will be preferred)
- Excellent research, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience in policy facilitation and/or project management with State/Central Government is a plus