About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of the Government of India, under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The agency serves as the first point of contact for investors exploring India as a business destination. Invest India is responsible for numerous key government initiatives including Startup India, AGNIi, One District One Product, Project Monitoring Group, and Waste to Wealth among others.
About Startup India:
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India intended to catalyze startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. Since the initiative's launch on 16th January 2016, Startup India has rolled out several programs to support entrepreneurs and transform India into a country of job creators instead of job seekers.
As part of engagements with States, the States’ Startup Ranking is an annual competitive benchmarking exercise across all States and Union Territories in India. The objectives of the exercise entail supporting startups through various reform areas and incentivizing States to drive the vision of building a startup nation.
The role has dual responsibility of executing marketing campaigns and organising events, detailed as below:
- Building and managing event calendar for Startup India activities, ideate the agenda and constantly experiment with new formats
- Planning event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Managing & coordinating with vendors and agencies for smooth end to end execution of events and campaigns
- Leveraging a variety of communication channels including social media platforms, traditional and digital media for event traction
- Tracking and monitoring the campaign progress by creating dashboards
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports on the progress and improvements
- Supporting the team across all events and marketing responsibilities
- Ideating and executing new initiatives to increase the reach of Startup India initiatives and better stakeholder benefits
- 1 to 4 years of managing and organizing events or in a similar role
- Experience in Marketing events online and offline via various platforms and tools
- Strong business acumen to conceptualize event strategies
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Efficient stakeholder management & attention to detail