About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department of Promotion for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNii, and PMG.
Under the sectoral team of Agriculture - Invest India, we are looking to hire a Associate/Assistant manager who would be leading the investment promotion/facilitation and EODB efforts in the Agriculture sector.
The Associate/Assistant manager will be responsible for supporting the team lead to execute the strategy for promoting investments in Agriculture and allied sectors. S/he will be closely working with stakeholders in the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers' Welfare, relevant Central/State government departments, industry associations, private companies etc. for promotion and facilitation of investments into these sectors, policy advocacy etc. The team member will report into the Sector lead of the Agri sector.
The roles and responsibilities of the team member would be to:
- Creating a strategic roadmap for promoting investments in the Agriculture & allied sectors
- Facilitating investor engagement from foreign and domestics companies in the Agri & allied sectors.
- Building investment pipeline, evaluating prospective inward investment interests by liaising with stakeholders and conducting outreach activities.
- Assessment of Infrastructure gap in the Agri sector and developing a plan to fulfil the gaps
- Working on regulatory and policy guidance, issue redressals, ease of doing business measures in close collaboration with industry and government towards bridging existing gaps
- Preparing knowledge reports and pitch decks on market opportunities, key policy initiatives and other areas of interest in bilateral commercial relations
- Organizing stakeholder consultations, roundtables and investment promotion events pitching the investment opportunities across focus sectors to potential investors
- Post-graduate or graduate degree in agriculture and related streams.
- 0-4 years of work experience in a front-end role at a consulting firm / developmental agency/ investment bank/investment promotion agency / global corporate working in agriculture and allied sectors
- Strong research, interpersonal, organizational, Coordination, Relationship Management, Cross-Functional Collaboration, and analytical Skills
- Experience in preparing DPRs, policy briefs, policy analyses, and research reports
- Ability to think strategically and take tough decisions
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Strong Presentation Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight timelines
Preference shall be given to those with domain knowledge in agriculture and allied sectors. Some criteria may be relaxed for exceptional candidates who may be from non-agricultural backgrounds but have relevant work experience