About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNIi, and PMG.
The Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI) Desk is a team formed to facilitate the growth of the BFSI and Fintech sector in India through investment facilitation, policy advocacy, issue resolution, outreach programs, global promotion, and stakeholder management. The team vision is to leverage the existing huge potential of the sector and provide an impetus to the domestic industry while assisting policies that enable a conducive ecosystem for India’s BFSI sector emerge as the global leader.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing the team while formulating and executing strategies on team management, investor targeting and facilitation strategy and overall action plan for the BFSI team.
- Overseeing and managing the BFSI team with respect to setting out and managing KPIs, targets, internal and external compliances, reporting etc.
- Targeting and supporting domestic and foreign investors on setting up in India/expanding in India by providing detailed opportunity analysis, regulatory overview, and end-to-end investment facilitation services
- Managing and developing key stakeholder relationships including investors, Government of India officials, regulators, industry associations, service providers etc.
- Planning, executing and overseeing investor engagement activities such as roundtables, stakeholder consultations, Government briefings, roadshows, client meetings, webinars etc.
- Build sector expertise and prepare industry reports, blogs, brochures, presentations concerning the sector ecosystem and its growth
- Oversee and prepare key industry briefs and strategic collateral for internal and external stakeholders including pitch-decks, company and industry briefs, policy-impact analysis, sector snapshots etc.
- Have deep analytical thinking and the ability to formulate company-level and industry-level strategies for market entry, market expansion and overall business and industry growth in India
- Support investors and the industry with policy representations and issue redressal to enable overall ease of doing business in the sector
- Understand the industry and company pain points and global best practices from other markets and stakeholders to effectively communicate and co-create industry growth strategy with Indian industry and Government stakeholders
- Address ad hoc requests on Make in India portal and from various departments
- Be responsible for maintaining regular contact with all company accounts and industry stakeholder, conduct regular follow-up and ensure effective stakeholder management
- Support conceptualization, execution and management of investor targeting related events and promotional platforms to showcase the BFSI sector opportunity to investors
- Postgraduate degree from institution in India or overseas
- Relevant Experience: 8+ years
- Prior work experience in Banking, Fintech, Insurance, Financial Services, Investment Banking or Management/Strategy Consulting
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of policies and regulatory landscape in India and globally
- Ability to lead teams, be a team-player and mentor other members while independently taking responsibility for delivering key results
- Excellent research, analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent stakeholder management as well as written and oral communication – working with CXO-level industry members and senior Government officials to highlight, showcase and consistently deliver value
- Knowledge of India’s BFSI industry, regulation, growth enablers and overall landscape
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure for engagements and deliverables for the Government of India