About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNii, and PMG.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders (production houses; film commissions; film financing and trade institutions etc.) to organize international roadshows, roundtables, seminars, and conferences etc. promoting production, co- production, and post-production opportunities in India.
- Provide on-priority facilitation support to foreign production companies and filmmakers who are planning or already engaged in film shootings and co- production activities in India.
- Coordinate with the Invest India team and State governments/UTs to integrate relevant State-level procedures with the National Single Window System (NSWS) to streamline the permissions/approvals system for hooting films, setting up theatres, and holding events.
- Create country-specific pipeline of potential investors for the production and post-production industry.
- Prepare investor pitch decks and other knowledge products (reports, concept notes, talking points etc.) as and when desired by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- Build sectoral intelligence by carrying out trend analysis of the Indian M&E sector and holding frequent engagements with industry associations and other relevant stakeholders to support the Ministry’s decision-making process.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Economics/Finance/ Commerce/Media & Journalism/Marketing/Advertising/Computer Science & Engineering
- 2-3 years of professional experience in the M&E industry, in roles like policy advocacy and research, consulting, investment banking, program management, client services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and management skills.
- MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word.