About the Department
Invest India, The National Investment Promotion Agency of Government of India, is planning expand its state vertical based at its headquarters in New Delhi. The state vertical is primarily responsible for handholding and investment facilitation of the investors in coordination with State Government Authorities. In addition, the State vertical is undertaking various projects of national importance. These include, but not limited to, various capacity building projects for Investment Promotion Agency of state governments. The vision it to work towards enhancing the investment promotion and facilitation preparedness of Indian states to attract and retain Foreign as well as Domestic investments in the country.
- Develop and enhance current working relationship of Invest India with the State Administrative Leadership and relevant Government authorities
- Build understanding of the state’s socio-economic, political and business landscape including state’s focus sectors, Industrial Policy, all relevant sectoral policies and schemes, land banks, industrial clusters and other industrial areas being promoted by the state, key companies, cost of doing business, etc.
- Networking and building partnerships with key stakeholders such as Industry Associations, Chambers of Commerce, Consulates of Embassies/High Commissions, Think Tanks/Research centres, Academic Institutions and the key Industry players present in the region
- Liaise with State Government and local authorities to handhold foreign and domestic investment projects (understand the company and proposed project profile, facilitate location assessment and undertake site-visits, interface with relevant Government departments to fast track the setting up of business etc.)
- Support on various capacity building projects designed and being executed by invest India for the State Investment Promotion Agencies (IPAs)
- Support central government projects, being executed by Invest India, on enhancing the investment ecosystem of the nation
- Coordinate with state government for resolution of concerns raised by investors
- Maintain relationships with marquee investors through Invest India aftercare programs.
- Coordinate with Invest India’s regional offices as well as other cross functional teams from various verticles(for Country, sectors, specialized teams, etc)
- Masters/Management degree from a premier institute is preferable
- Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 Years, preferably in the field of Investment Promotion, Facilitation, Aftercare, Research & Policy Advocacy,
- Prior understanding on administrative set-up at a state and business ecosystemwould be preferable
- Strong business communication & etiquettes, networking skills, and stakeholder management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Language proficiency: Hindi, English, regional Indian language(preferred)
- State Domicile from various regions of India will be preferred
Some criteria may be relaxed for highly exceptional candidates.