About the Department
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of the Government of India, under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The agency serves as the first point of contact for investors exploring India as a business destination. Invest India is responsible for numerous key government initiatives including Startup India, AGNIi, One District One Product, Project Monitoring Group, and Waste to Wealth among others.
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India intended to catalyze Startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. Since the launch of the initiative on 16th January 2016, Startup India has rolled out several programs with the objective of supporting entrepreneurs and transforming India into a country of job creators instead of job seekers.
- Be the interface between State Governments and the Startup India team to implement the program
- Assist in drafting State Startup Policies for the states’
- Foster entrepreneurship and build a startup ecosystem across the last mile
- Handhold the states in Fund of Funds, Procurement, Awareness, Outreach, etc.
- Provide support to DPIIT Officials for formulating policies, schemes, measures, etc. for developing the Startup ecosystems concerning the State Govt
- Address ad hoc requests from DPIIT such as preparation of talking points, reports, briefs, etc.
- The role requires regular travel (short trips) to the States to assist State Govt. Officials
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Administration, Public Policy or Development Studies/Economics or Management Sciences or a related field (will be preferred)
- 0-4 years of Experience with Govt./VC/Trade Bodies /Consulting/ Policy/Sectoral expertise shall be an added advantage
- Experience in Investment Promotion, Policy facilitation, and Project Management with the State Govt. or Govt. of India (will be an added advantage)
- Excellent Research, Communications, and Analytical Skills
- Ability to work amid strict deadlines and on multiple projects
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of Indian languages shall be helpful
- Understanding the Startup ecosystem shall be helpful